Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sautod/Sowdeath by Till Lindemann. The poem I've chosen for my poetry book project

Sautod/Sowdeath (English translation)

I have been in heat for days
so I’ll go and hunt a female deer
and until the morning I will sit there hidden
so that I can give it a shoulder shot

A pregnant doe
will soon give birth
so I have to go without it
can’t hunt it out

A young female deer comes to her feet
has sunned herself in the high reeds
makes good slot deep into the pine forest
the mirror gleams I take aim

The scut jerks like Fingereel
the shotgun jumps from the sheath
I sweep the bast from the horn
and adjust the ironsight

She feels the muzzle energy
red sweat drops off her knee
I carry her over to the Luderplace
then I finish the hunt

From the genital drops lard
I bell on the good mating season
then I drag her into the corner
and beat her out of her fur

No comments:

Post a Comment